Wednesday 25 January 2012

Playing Church

Abigail invited her siblings to join her and the dolls and teddies for church this morning:Abigail chose to start with a prayer and then two songs, "No More Tears" (from A Very, Very, Very Big God) and "Away in a Manger". Anna read the Bible reading. Joshua served Holy Communion with bread and grape juice, after I had led a discussion of what the elements remind us of. Anna preached and Joshua taught the memory verse. Abigail led two more songs, "If You're Happy and You Know It (Praise the Lord!)" and "Praise Ye the Lord, Hallelujah!". All had a good time being "church" together!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

They are so cute! I did the same thing when I was a child -- played church with my stuffed animals. I didn't have quite the elaborate set-up as your crew though. Looks like they thought of every detail!

Mrs. Edwards said...

That is lovely! Like Kellie, I remember playing church. I'm not sure why my kids haven't done that. :)