Tuesday 2 October 2007

My husband is so wonderful...

For our seventh wedding anniversary Jeff gave me some diamond earrings (I had broadly hinted for cubic zirconia and he went for the real thing!!) and then later that afternoon suggested we go out for coffee ... whereupon he took me to a Resort, only five minutes from our house, where he had booked a "Romance Retreat" package for the night! I got to spend uninterrupted time in conversation with my husband for hours at a stretch, and I was able to duck home to breastfeed Samuel as necessary. Jeff's mum stayed at our house over the weekend to look after all four kids and also visit Great-Granny, her mother, who lives nearby. It was so wonderful to be able to eat a three course meal - uninterrupted - that I had not cooked and then retire to a bed that I had not made, in a room overlooking a grassy landscape that was not strewn with kid's toys. The view from the balcony was truly magnificent:

What an amazing privilege, to be able to have a real "time out" with my husband. Oh yeah, I am so in love! Thank you, God, for the fantastic husband you have given me.

No comments: