Wednesday 29 April 2009

First Day at the New School

Joshua had a "very good" first day at his new school. He asked Jeff to drop him off, which was handy as it was also the first day back at BSF for me and the other three children. I went to collect him at the end of the day.

I spoke to his teacher for a little while after the end of the day and was pleased to hear that he had a good day and settled in well. She had time to chat with me about a few organisational details as well. I was pleased that she wasn't too busy to make time for a brief chat with a parent - without an appointment for an interview!

I dropped into the school office to find out when the second hand uniform store would be open. While I was there I saw one of the women from my monthly mother's group, and found out that she has children at the school also. Not only that, but she helps with Joshua's Japanese lessons. Apparently his class had been learning to count to 10 in Japanese today... and Joshua already knew how to do it because he remembered the sequence from his Karate lessons last year! This made a positive beginning to something that might otherwise have been daunting.

As I walked back to the car park with all of the kids, I found myself welcomed into a conversation with two other mothers. It was brilliant to find out that other parents from this school are friendly and welcoming as well, and this really cemented my confidence that we have made the right decision in moving Joshua to this school that is nearer to where we live.

Thank you God for going ahead of us in the matter of Joshua's schooling. Help us to continue to make good choices about our children's education, and not to be burdened with fear of the unknown. Help us to trust in You!

No comments: