Thursday 7 July 2011

A New Adventure

Next Thursday evening, I am going to be attending Trinity's orientation for new students. Why? Because I am becoming a student once again. I am embarking upon a Graduate Diploma of Divinity, starting with Biblical and Systematic Theology in second semester.

I am very excited! I bought my pre-reading for the first part of the subject, God's Big Picture by Vaughan Roberts, yesterday, and am studying through it one chapter a day to have it read in time for my first lecture on the 19th. I'm only in the second chapter so far and already I have had several questions to discuss with Jeff and one rather heated conversation with him as I struggled to get my head around something. Mind you, I did promise the principal in my prospective student interview that I wouldn't be as argumentative as Jeff was when he studied his MDiv at Trinity. It will help that I can Discuss (it really does need that capital) my questions and Issues (yeah, that needs the capital as well) with Jeffrey at home, rather than only with the lecturers in the lectures. I hope!

3 comments:

Mrs. Edwards said...

I might get a hold of that book and read it too.

Amy

Meredith said...

Great news Sharon. As I said elsewhere I pray that you will grow in your knowledge, love and understanding of Him. What a great opportunity.

Kellie said...

Sharon, I'm so happy for you! And what a blessing that you can Discuss your studies with your husband. I know that going through BSF the same time as my husband was the best investment we ever made in our marriage, so I'm guessing it will be even more so for you two as you learn more advanced things. I'll be praying for you!