Friday 28 September 2007

"Happy Love Day"

Last night was my weekly shopping night and I bought a whole hap of fresh fruit, so this morning as I cut some up for breakfast for the kids, I tried to think of some reason why we should be having a Special Breakfast today. In the end, I decided we were having a Special Breakfast because we were celebrating our "Love Day".

When Jeff came out for breakfast, the kids and I sang "Happy Love Day to You" and we all gathered in for a family cuddle before eating together. It was a lovely start to the day, and despite the usual annoyances throughout the day, it has been at the back of my mind that this is "Love Day" and I should be trying hard to be loving with my kids. It was also our turn for date night (we went out for dinner and then a drive around some of the wealthier suburbs nearby admiring their imposing houses) and in two days we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary for the seventh time.

Our first "Love Day" has been lovely and gentle, and I might just try it again some time when we need another family-building pick-me-up.

No comments: