Friday 30 November 2007

A little background and an update

If you read my last post on the book The New Puritans and were wondering if I'm an Anglican of the Sydney diocese, the answer is no. Actually, I'm not an Anglican at all. I was brought up in the Uniting Church denomination and became a member of a Baptist Church after doing an Alpha course there soon after getting married.

More recently...

Just last Sunday, I became, once again, a member of the Uniting Church. This time, as a member of the congregation of N where we attend regularly and Jeff works 8 hours a week as a Ministry Intern. Today, Jeff submitted to our minister (and, through him, our elders, church council and presbytry,) an application to be considered as a candidate for ordained ministry within the Uniting Church of Western Australia. I'm looking forward to the opportunities God has for us to teach and serve his people.

No comments: