Wednesday 28 November 2007

Oh, The Irony!

Warning: This is a bit icky.

I started toilet training Abigail last Thursday and she pretty much had everything down fine in three days. Still doing poo in her pants, but she was dry all weekend, even through her afternoon naps.

Then I came down with gastroenteritis ... vomitting and diarrhoea from here to there and everywhere in between. So far I've managed to pass on the bug to Samuel (who threw up twice last night), Jeffrey and Anna (who threw up this afternoon and then again a little while ago). Mess-wise, this has to be a pretty bad situation for the first week of toilet training, wouldn't you think? Still, although Abigail had a few accidents while I was out this morning, she stayed dry this afternoon. We'll keep with it. I may have to revise my initial hopes for immediate success, however. This thing might take two weeks, rather than two days, and that's not even considering the dreaded number twos.

Oh, how I look forward to the days when I only have one child in nappies!

No comments: