Monday 12 January 2009

Enjoying our new Play Room

Our new house has a play room, as well as much larger bedrooms. This is why I am loving having it:There's enough room for them all to play at once, and the toys don't have to be packed away the instant they are finished. And it's right next to the computer desk, from where I took these photos, where I can blog within easy reach if they want to talk to me or I need to talk to them. Aah. Mothering bliss.
I took this shot a little wider than the others so that you can see some of our wall of toy baskets, toy drawers and book shelves which lines the inner wall of the play room, and also has windows which open onto each of our bedrooms. While it is unusual to have internal windows (the Play Room was built on to the original house) I have found them convenient for passing through teddies that might be needed for naps or toys wanted for play.

I am finding the eccentricities of this house suit us very well.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh wow - I love your play room. Very nice and spacious.

When I first popped in to check your blog miss 21 months sitting on my lap ( Phebe ) says "play" when she saw your play room. :)

Mrs. Edwards said...

What a great set-up! So lovely to have the sun streaming in. That makes it nice and cheery. We have our wider space in the basement, but it lacks the sunshine.

Thanks for posting theses pictures. I was so curious. Does the room have house on two sides? or three?

Ruth said...

Looks great Sharon! I'm so glad you were able to get the house that suited you. Looks like the kids are really enjoying the new playroom.

Ruth xx

Sharon said...

Amy,

The play room fits into one corner of the house, with two walls previously being external walls. Before the addition it was a fat, squat L shape. Now it is closer to a square. That's why there's so much wall space for windows now.

~ Sharon