Tuesday 6 January 2009

Hooray for internet access!

We finally had the phone line connected at our new house today and then Jeff spent three hours on the phone to tech guys trying to work out how to get internet access for the computer set up in our new study. There are about four or five phone points in this new house but the problem is that it is a long way from the nearest phone exchange so broadband was not working well enough. I think it's all right now. I am so glad I have a husband to sort these things out for me. You'd never guess I taught Information Technology to final year students in my last year of teaching, would you?

Happy New Year to everyone who reads this blog and I will start posting once I've had a chance to read all your blog posts for the last fortnight!

Just one thing to ponder. Why do I never feel the same hunger to read the Bible after a few days out of it, as I feel for the internet? I have been very convicted of that one in the last week and have hence spent some wonderful time contemplating Paul's letter to the Galatians, and loved every moment of it. I know that when I do read my Bible for a few hours at a time, I always feel a lot better at the end than if I'd spent the same amount of time on the internet. Just some thoughts...

4 comments:

argsmommy said...

Ouch! That last paragraph was convicting. Thanks for the comparison.

Welcome back!

Kellie

Mrs. Edwards said...

Yes, I pray quite often that God would keep me from making blogging and online time into an idol. A friend of mine recently joined the ranks of Facebook and I was both tempted to join her and worried (for me) at the same time. For now I am not joining Facebook simply because I know it would become another time drain that is me-focused, not God-focused.

The older I get the more I view my time as an economic resource to be spent and invested. Am I investing it in Kingdom things? Etc.

Anyway, I actually clicked "post a comment" to tell you I'm very glad you're back online and in touch!

Amy

Deborah said...

Glad to see you back online. :)

Yes, I too feel the need to spend more time doing God business than before.

Sharon said...

Amy, I'm so flattered to know I was missed.

Kellie, I'm also flattered to know that I made someone else think about this. It's a good time of year to be turning over a new leaf... but then it's a always a good time for that with God, isn't it?

~ Sharon