Thursday 22 January 2009

Uniform

I took Joshua and Anna to the college uniform shop today and spent $229.60 on Joshua's summer uniform and his school bag. When I got home Jeff took Joshua along with Abigail and Anna to buy school shoes and spent $179.97 on three pairs: sneakers, lace-ups and sandals (and that was apparently at 25% off). That's a grand total of $409.57. And we haven't bought his complete winter uniform yet. Or the second half of his stationery requirements.

Aaargh!

We are going to have to spend a lot less on casual clothes for each of the kids once they begin school. I guess he won't wear his casual clothes out nearly as fast, though, since he won't be wearing them all day long. And he'll wear his shoes to places other than school, of course. But it's still a shock to spend over four hundred dollars on clothes for a kid who I'm not sure can even count that high.

But he does look cute in his grey shorts and white short-sleeved shirt and way over-sized school backpack. Anna wasn't impressed with the thought that he would be going to school without her, though.

3 comments:

Mrs. Edwards said...

Wow! I don't know the exchange rate, but whatever it is I'm understanding that to be a lot!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

Deborah said...

Yes, that is a lot. It certainly adds up. Wait till you add the book lists and fees. LOL. I'm not telling how much we're spending. LOL. But it's scary - especially since I'm just used to "homeschool" expenses instead.

Sharon said...

Exactly, Mrs Adept! Last year our total uniform expenses were for three plain green t-shirts (around $6 each) and some special printer paper to make iron-on transfers with our Equip Academy logo. We probably spent $20 all up and that was mostly for the fun of it and so I could keep track of all the kids when we went to the zoo.

Our only book to buy this year is a handwriting practice book. Which annoys me more because now he's going to an institutional school, he is going to learn the official script which IMO is bland and even ugly. Oh well, I comfort myself with the thought that my own handwriting is nothing like what I was taught, and I get lots of compliments on how nice it is. So I can keep my hopes up for him!

~ Sharon