Wednesday 30 September 2009

In honour of my wedding anniversary

I would like to quote the lovely Anne Shirley of Green Gables, on the topic of the love between a minister and his wife:

"I think [Mrs Allan, the minister's wife] is perfect. Mr Allan thinks so too. Mrs Lynde says he just worships the ground she treads on and she doesn't really think it right for a minister to set his affections so much on a mortal being. But then, Diana, even ministers are human and have their besetting sins just like everybody else."

I love my husband Jeffrey. And yet, I am under no illusions that he is perfect.

I thank my God that Jesus Christ is my ultimate Bridegroom,
perfect in every way,
as He loves me so much that He laid down His life for me.


The Bible says (Isaiah 62:5), "As a Bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you." May this be true for you just as it is for me, this day and forever more.

No comments: