Wednesday 24 March 2010

A reading list for our holiday

Since Jeff and I will be spending many hours on the road over our five weeks in the US, and even I don't think I could come up with enough topics to talk on for the entire 8-9000km journey, we've put together a book list for the trip. I'll read, Jeff'll drive. We may not be able to read our way through everything - after all, I want to see the scenery, not just pages - but we're going to see how we go. Here are some of our selections to read together:

The Cross-Centred Life: Keeping the Gospel the Main Thing by CJ Mahaney

Living the Cross-Centred Life by CJ Mahaney

Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper

King Solomon's Mines by H Rider Haggard

The Travels by Marco Polo

The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (on audiobook)

How to Be a People Helper by Gary R Collins

Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp (yes, we never got too far into it before)

Instructing a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp

1 comment:

Mrs. Edwards said...

What an amazing time you will have! I absolutely love road trips with my husband (with kids too, but alone is a special kind of fun). We just have fun barreling down the road, talking, commenting on scenery, reading aloud (me to him as he drives) or listening to podcasts or music.

These selections look really great. I haven't read most of them, although I'd like to.