Monday 21 January 2008

My Other Blog...

Has been given an award!

Nicole has awarded my other blog the Blogging with a Purpose Award.

Wow! This has kind-of freaked me out because I only started it three weeks ago, with my New Year's Resolutions. I am, however, really pleased that someone thinks my daily meditations on God's word, which I post at Following the Star, are worthwhile to at least one person other than me!

And just because that blog is absolutely sooo purposeful (yes, Nicole was right!), and I don't want to compromise that, I am responding here.

The guidelines that accompany this award:
1. Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.
2. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.
3. In their post about the award they need to link back to the original entry.
4. Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to Eric Novak's site.

Here are my nominations:

Trivium Academy - this is the ultimate classical homeschooler's blog where Jessica blogs with the purpose of working through the curriculum choices involved in making her daughter and son's education the very best it can be. Jessica is frank and informative with her descriptions of material she has used, whether it be traditional textbook or living book curricula or software like Audacity that she has used to make Memory CDs for her daughters. Jessica has inspired me to be more intentional about my homeschooling efforts.

The Learning Never Stops - this blog just makes me laugh. And, judging purely from Emily's photo in her profile, I'm pretty sure that that is part of her bloggy purpose! Emily is honest about the things that happen in her homeschooling family, and I have been impressed with some of the theological insights her kids have come up with in the midst of everyday situations. But mostly, Emily just makes me laugh.

The Upward Call - this blog very clearly reflects the intent of its author, Kim, to reflect upon daily life in light of Christian understandings. I like the way Kim has determined to focus on God's presence in all of her life not just the major decisions, or church moments, or whatever. A recent quote: "He encouraged us to teach our kids to be discerning, and to examine things in light of whether or not they contradict our DOCTRINE. Don't you love it when you hear that word? It wouldn't want to be the ONLY word I ever heard, but hearing it used at all made me very happy." Anyone who writes things like that has caught my attention!

Okay, so I only got to three nominations. I really wanted to nominate a book-related blog, but many of those I like are at present hijacked with posts regarding those pervasive US pre-election elections. I'll keep thinking and reading, but for now these are the blogs whose purposes most bless me.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sharon, thank you for your nomination. I'm truly honoured!!

I will definitely have to do some pondering about who I am going to nominate!!!

Look for it later today!

Anonymous said...

This totally made my day. I'm going to ponder who to nominate as well. Seems like there are a few that just make me laugh...is that okay?

thanks again.

Jessica said...

Thank you Sharon, it's amazing how we each have an effect on others, isn't it?

Many blessings,
Jessica :)