Thursday 3 January 2008

This feels odd

Today after two false starts (when I forgot the petrol voucher and also the map) I took the kids to visit their Daddy at the Baptist "Inters Camp" at which he is the speaker. This was a very odd feeling.

My husband is the speaker (they're even paying him!) at a camp for teenagers. Why does this feel wierd? Because I used to go to Christian youth camps, when I was a teenager. I used to think the speakers must be so wonderful, like, really, cool, ya know? And here is my husband doing the whole speaking thing! It is just totally freaking me out.

2 comments:

Jennefer said...

I can relate since my dh is a minister too. He speaks on stage to hundreds of people and to them he is Pastor...but to me he's my sweet dh.

When we were still dating 13 years ago he took me with him to a youth camp he was doing and all I could think was...I always had crushes on the camp speakers. Lol!

Blessings to you!
Jennefer

Sharon said...

Thanks for your comment Jennefer, this is exactly what I meant but I wasn't quite game to say it!