Wednesday 25 February 2009

I just found a great database

If you are looking for images of Biblical Art, artistic works that are based on Biblical texts, then I have just found the answer!

Biblical Art on the WWW @ http://www.biblical-art.com/ is searchable by subject, passage, artist or word. (I've put the link in my Quick Links section on the LHS bar.) Each picture has a thumbnail which links to a page with some basic info about the artist and source, and has a link to a bigger image of the art work.

A lot of the art is black and white only, for example woodcuts from the reformation era, so it may well be a great resource for finding pictures for Bible story colouring pages. It is the only place I could find to help me illustrate Jesus' "Lamp on a Stand" parable. There are also many colour images of some amazing paintings.

Happy browsing!

[Image from Biblical art on the WWW.]

1 comment:

Mrs. Edwards said...

I'm excited about this. Thanks for sharing.