Saturday 28 February 2009

A Women's Bible Study?

I spent most of Thursday chatting with another woman from my church, and one of the things we talked about is the lack of a women's Bible Study at BCC. It would be great to have one!

So I have been talking a bit to Jeff about the possibility of me starting and leading a Bible Study for women, on a week day during school hours, beginning just after Easter. Jeff might run a parallel children's program for 2-5 year olds, telling them the same Bible story the women are studying with a kid-level insight or application and prayer, and also keeping them busy with other appropriate activities while their mothers are at the study. It looks like I might get an opportunity very soon to put the Lamp up on it's stand so it will shine for all to see! Mark 4:21-23. I certainly hope so.

I am very excited about the idea of this, especially since I graduated along with Jeff last Monday night, receiving my Certificate in Christian Studies. I was even awarded it "with Distinction"!

[Image from a 17th Century woodcut, "Lamp on a Stand and the Growing Seed" by Johann Christoph Weigel, found through Biblical Art on the WWW.]

2 comments:

Mrs. Edwards said...

Wonderful! The ladies are very blessed!

Sharon said...

Thank you! Please pray for me, and for Jeff and the women and children who we hope will be able to come.

I am not sure what we will study. At the moment I am considering Acts (having just celebrated Easter, let's read from the Bible about what happened next...) and Mark (having just celebrated Easter, let's read from the Bible about Jesus' life and try to find out why He was killed...). Not sure yet which will be the best option for the women in our church.

Jeff asked the church "prayer group" to pray about it on Friday, so there are other people who have heard about the idea now, not just Jeff, myself and the other lady from church.

~ Sharon