Friday 6 February 2009

Samuel is learning to count

This morning, as I was wiping over his high chair, I heard Samuel's quavering voice from the play room:

"One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eight, Four..."

I was amazed. Samuel is not quite 2 1/4 and he can already count to thirteen without a mistake! I knew he could count to ten and was learning the next few, but I didn't know he could get them all on his own.

Sam picked up "one, two, three" listening to me with the older children, and then we made it a game: he would count to three before jumping off the coffee table into my lap, a game he loves. I just kept adding numbers to the sequence until he could count all the way to ten before jumping. And now he can count to thirteen and has some idea of the rest of the teens. What a clever boy.

And now, for something completely different... Look up!
Look up, I say!Now you can see it!(Photos from Australia Day, 26 Jan 2009; on the oval 50m from our house, with Joshua's new kite.)

No comments: