Monday 24 December 2007

aka Rescue Man

My 4yo son has developed an alter ego: Rescue Man. He comes to his sisters' rescue when they are experiencing an "emergency": stuck in the tree they are climbing, perhaps, or unable to get out of the hammock. He can breathe fire (apparently) so that he can keep those he is saving warm. He has also told me he can fly - and without the aid of pixie dust (as Wendy, Michael and John require in Peter Pan). I must admit, I don't have first hand evidence of either of these two amazing super hero qualities, but I'm willing to take him at his word. He also has special Rescue Man phrases, such as "Do not worry! Rescue Man is flying to the rescue!" (very inventive) and "We are safety people! We are charging to the rescue. Don't cry."

I'm so glad my son is growing up wanting to be a servant to others. Some days I just love my kids so much. It is a real privilege to be a mother, especially their mother.

No comments: