Monday 31 December 2007

New Years Resolutions

Since our Christmas present from Mum & Dad in Darwin hasn't arrived through the mail yet, Dad let me in on the big secret over the phone last night. It's a cheque to be spent on a new TV and DVD. Well, we don't need the DVD part because our radio/CD/MP3 player also plays DVDs, but Jeff just went out and ordered a 22-inch, Standard Definition Digital, LCD flat screen TV which was on a post-Christmas special.

This might mean some big changes in our house, because we haven't had a "real" TV for two years, since we moved to Perth and the movers smashed our old one. In a curiously related matter, I also haven't done ironing for about 2 years. None. For the last 18 months or so, we've had a TV card in the desktop computer, but we have to connect up the computer to the aerial via a cable from our room, so we don't just switch on the TV to see what's on. The kids have been watching DVDs on the computer, but I admit it's getting to be more and more of a squeeze in the study. (And I think we need to find some more wall space somewhere for another bookshelf, but I havbe no idea where that's gonna be.)

So I have only three New Year's Resolutions. Nothing fancy, nothing philosophical, nothing spiritual, nothing enlightened, just...

1) Try not to turn the TV on unless I really have nothing else to do. Unless...

2) If I think I have nothing to do, do some ironing while I watch TV. And, completely unrelated to TV...

3) Try and tone and moisturise my face every day. (Last year my NYR was to shave my legs at least once a week. Thanks to spending 12 whole months not pregnant, I managed it. Except in the dead of winter, anyway. Which was for about four months. Hmm, hopefully I'll do better with this one.)

No comments: