Thursday 27 March 2008

Joshua never ceases to amaze me

This evening because Jeff had to study late at college, we went in to have dinner with him. When we got home, I hurried the kids off to bed but had to do a bit of doctoring on Anna's blistered heel. She was wincing and whining so Joshua came in to console her. He told her he'd tell her about Jesus.

So I sat on the bed, prolonging the medical necessities so I could listen to my 5yo boy catechise his almost 4yo sister.

Joshua: "Well. Ahumm. Let me tell you about Jesus. Jesus is God's Son and He's the boss and we should obey him. Did you know that Jesus died on the cross for your sins?"

Anna: "Yes, I know that Jesus died on the cross for my sins."

Joshua: "Well, did you know that we are Jesus' sheep and Jesus is our ... what is that word again, Mummy?"

Me: "Shepherd. Jesus loves us and cares for us like a shepherd loves and cares for his sheep."

Joshua: "Did you know that Jesus wants to be your shepherd and look after you?"

Anna: "Yes, I know that."

Joshua: "Now Anna. Ahumm. Do you want to love and obey Jesus and be a Christian?"

Anna: "Sometimes I love Jesus and sometimes I think 'I hate Jesus'." [Anna's very honest!]

Me: "That's what sin is, Anna, when we don't want to love or obey God."

Anna: (clasping hands) "Yes and I pray to God and say 'sorry for thinking I hate Jesus' and ask Him to forgive me."

Joshua: "So you're called a Christian now, Anna, like me. Mummy, can you wash my feet now, too?"

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ohhh..aren't you so glad that you've journaled this sweet moment? I just love times like these!
Andrea