Monday 24 November 2008

End of Year dinner for TTC

For the third year running Jeff organised the end of year dinner for students and staff of his Theological College. Well, he did have help. And for the first time he left the premises before the dishes were all done, and without helping with them either. To put this comment into perspective, the dinner at the end of Jeff's first year of college was held on the Saturday evening after Samuel was born. He was born around 10:30am on the Friday, after an all night labour. And yes, we (Sam and I) were both at the dinner as well. Jeff still helped with the dishes rather than take our three weary bodies to bed an hour earlier: that's the kind of guy I am married to. Helpful and kind.

So anyway, on Saturday Jeff's mum & step-dad came up from Albany to look after the kids for us and we got all dressed up in our duds.Now, before you laugh too hard, I'll let you know that the theme of the night was

Op Shop Chic:
if you don't already buy second-hand,
you will once you're in ministry.

I bought my dress for $6 that afternoon. Jeff bought his suit and tie for possibly even less that morning. So that's why we're such stunners! Courtesy forbids me from posting some of the other pictures I took of guests all dressed up, given that I took all the entrance photos for the night. Just believe me when I say that some people found some very interesting items.

It was a great evening. Jeff was MC but did get to be with me for more of the evening than might be imagined. I enjoyed the chance to catch up with N, who has recently left the TTC staff to work elsewhere, and M, wife of one of the first year students who did a Trinity@Night course with me earlier in the year.

I hope we'll be able to keep in contact with many of the wonderful people we've got to know through College. It'll be exciting to see where the LORD takes them, as well as where He takes us.

4 comments:

Mrs. Edwards said...

Actually, your clothes don't look all that second hand to me! It sounds like you had a very fun time!

argsmommy said...

That's what I thought too -- you both look very nice!

Kellie

Nicole said...

I agree, your outfits look too nice! But it's a great theme - I'm going to have to remember it.

Sharon said...

The funny thing about my dress is I had just given a dress almost exactly the same (just straps not cap sleeves) to a friend as too small for me. The two dresses have the same fabric and label and all, just a few sizes difference (I bought the other one before I had any kids). So it was a surprise to find a "replacement" dress at Vinnies for one I had just passed on. I will definitely be keeping it - although I can't say that about Jeff's tie!

~ Sharon