Friday 22 February 2008

The brontosaurus saga continues

I was flicking through Joshua's copy of Imagine by Alison Lester (copyright 1989), and the "dinosaur swamp" had three sauropods: a Diplodocus, a Brachiosaurus and (you guessed it!) a Brontosaurus. Being pedantic as I am, I'm going to have to white out over the captions (and the answer page in the back of the book), but I don't know what I can do about the way the "Brontosaurus" is drawn, with that characteristic square-shaped Camarasaurus-type skull, rather than the Diplodocus-type skull that the Apatosaurus has. O dear O deary me.
If you're wondering what on earth I'm complaining about, read my last post. Unless you have absolutely no interest in donosaurs. Which is okay with me - I've about run out of patience with them and paleontologists and archaeologists and book author/illustrators and the whole lot myself.

PS I am posting this from a friend's house where I am babysitting. I'll scan the offending image when I get home and add it to this post then. ~done~ Couldn't make any science-related claim without evidence, now, could I?

No comments: