Sunday 11 May 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Stay-at-home Mum,

I want to encourage and commend you for making the difficult choice to stay at home full-time for the sakes of your husband and children. Often this can be a thankless job, one which goes unrecognised and undervalued in our society. Yet I have seen in my time as a homemaker that I am making a worthwhile and significant mark in the lives of my children. I am sure that this will be true for you as well, as you have more time to be with your children, more time to talk with your husband and more energy to serve your family in love.

Being a full-time homemaker is challenging, frustrating and hard work. But it is also a high calling. Loving your husband and children will keep you busy at home (see Titus 2:4-5). When each day seems to demand more of you, be encouraged that you are not just working for your husband and your children. You are working for the glory of God; who made you, who chose you as his own and who planned ahead for you to serve Him and them in this place (Ephesians 2:8-10).

May God bless you in your home!

With love,
Sharon

No comments: