Saturday 24 May 2008

Librarians are lovely

I took Joshua and Anna to the library this afternoon to return our rainforest books and borrow some on Australia. I chose some on various Australian animals as well as some classic Australian literature for kids. Then I went to the kids section to read aloud to Joshua and Anna the three picture books they had each picked out for themselves. After that, just like any other customer of the library, we headed up to the front counter to borrow our books.

And that's when a lovely librarian approached me and said, "Aren't you homeschooling your children? I was just about to put this brand new book up on the shelves when I saw you and thought you might be interested in it. Would you like to borrow it?"

How is that for customer service? This librarian recognised me - a woman who only comes in once or twice a month - and remembered what topic I might be interested in reading. I was very impressed. Meanwhile, I'm also going to write a Thank You card. Good service needs to be rewarded.

No comments: